Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sad News

On thursday we learned that my brother Bob had cancer. Yesterday a wheel chair was delivered to his house for him. He said he wanted to sit in it and try it out. So he was helped into it. Some time later he said he was tired,and would like to lay down.

He was helped into his bed. He just got worse from then on. When i went to see him at 3:30pm he was just laying there stairing. Not saying a word or moveing. His breathing was shallow.

By 6:30pm he took his last breath. And he was gone. It was really fast. But we are all grateful that he was not in pain, and he did not suffer. He is the 3rd brother i have lost to cancer in the last 6 years.

My mother had breast cancer and lived many years.Then she became diabetic. Years later she died.

We are all grateful for all your thoughts and prayers.

Hugs to all.
Geneva

14 comments:

  1. So very sorry for your loss Geneva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geneva, my condolences. He went real quickly... Take care!

    Pirjo from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geneva, love and prayers to you all, so quick. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Geneva I am so sorry for your loss. My middle brother died last July of a heart attach. We had gone to see him and were there for 15 minutes before he had the attach. He died later that night at the hospital. It is such a shock it is hard to believe so I know how you feel.
    I will keep you in my prayers.
    God Bless ~
    Lenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geneva, I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you mean though about him not suffering and being in pain. Hugs to you and your family,
    Robin P/AL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Geneva, I read your email on Pens & Needles. My thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone.
    Hugs to all.
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really sorry to hear this.
    My deepest sympathies and condolences.
    Fatema.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family during this time. I also send out cyber hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
    Big hugs to all.
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  11. My condolenscences on the loss of your brother. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My prayers are with you and your family. I'm very sorry for your loss, but your brother suffers no more. Now he is in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all very much.
    Hugs
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  14. Condolences on the loss of your brother, Geneva

    ReplyDelete